Hibernian Hall

184 Dudley Street

The headquarters for Boston's Irish community for five decades, Hibernian Hall was designed by Edward T.P. Graham and officially opened by politician James M. Curley on May 30, 1913. It flourished for half a century as generations of Irish immigrated to Boston, but then fell into disrepair and was abandoned in the early 1960s.

It was nearly demolished in 1997, but was designated an historical property by the Massachusetts Historical Commission. In 2005 the hall was restored by Roxbury Consortium of Arts, Culture and Trade (ACT) is proudly called Roxbury Center for Arts at Hibernian Hall.

neighborhood map neighborhood map
neighborhood map